Job Description: Service Technician/Mechanic
Reports to: Business Owner
Basic Functions: Diagnose, inspect, adjust, repair or overhaul all types of lawn and garden, hand held equipment and powersports machines including: lawn equipment, chain saws, trimmers, generators, snowmobiles, watercrafts, ATVs, side by sides, motorcycles and related equipment. Service employees are required to work full time Monday Friday, having Sundays off and rotating Saturdays. There may be occasional special events such as demo days and consumer shows that may require the employees attendance.
Qualifications: Small engine service technicians are required to implement root cause analysis when diagnosing the extent of an issue. Small engine service technicians determine electrical, mechanical and fuel problems and make necessary repairs. Daily tasks may vary in complexity and difficulty.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate accurate and efficient diagnosis and repair on the first visit
- Ability to collaborate with other as well as work independently
- Strong team player
- Takes pride in work
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and co-workers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality service to customers.
- Complete repair work within a timely manner with focus on quality and ensuring that issues are fixed on the first visit, thus eliminating re-work.
- Proactively look for and communicate any additional service work needed to customers.
- Keep a clean work area.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair a variety of mechanical issues as necessary.
- Must be able to perform service work per specifications set forth by OEMs. Repair and maintain engines as well as all components used to power lawn equipment as well as powersports equipmentlawn mowers, blowers, tillers, generators, trimmers, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles, watercraft and motorcycles.
- Repair or replace defective parts such as magnetos, water pumps, pistons, gears, carburetors, engines, etc.
- Test and inspect engines to determine malfunctions, locate missing parts, verify parts using diagnostic tools.
- Must maintain OEM qualifications by completing necessary training requirements set forth by each manufacturer.
- Document and record repairs made, time spent, and parts used in the DMS (dealer management system) Ideal. Research part information using PartSmart.
- Must be able to assist with sales when needed and show customers how to properly maintain their equipment.
- Small engine service employees will be required to work rotating Saturday shifts. There may be occasional special events such as demo days and consumer shows that may require the employees attendance.
- Shall assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Benefits include: PTO (sick/vacation), holidays, retirement/life insurance, short term disability, bonus.
Effective April 1, 2017, offers of employment for potential Lakes Area Powersports employees are contingent upon a complete background screening including, but not limited to a criminal background check, a review of motor vehicle records, and verification of social security number. Each successful applicant will be subject to drug and alcohol screening prior to employment.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.